DAILY NEWS

Stay Ahead, Stay Informed – Every Day

Advertisement
Iranian Foreign Minister: The Arab League actively participated in the US-Israeli war against Iraq | International | Central News Agency CNA



Please agree to our privacy policy to enable news listening. (Central News Agency, Tehran, comprehensive foreign news report on the 14th) Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi today accused the United Arab Emirates of actively participating in the war between the United States and Israel against Iran. On the same day, it was reported that a ship was seized near the coast of the United Arab Emirates and was heading to Iranian waters. Agence France-Presse reported that Araqchi posted on the messaging software Telegram while attending the BRICS summit in India: “The Arab League is an active partner in this aggression, there is no doubt about it.” Araqchi also mentioned what Israel said were “secret” talks held in the Arab League during the war. It is said that the attendees included Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and the President of the United Arab Emirates Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, but the United Arab Emirates denied that Netanyahu secretly visited the country. “I have to say that the Arab League was directly involved in the aggression against our country. When this aggression began, they even refused to condemn it,” Araqchi said. “It is becoming increasingly clear that they were involved in these attacks and may have even taken direct action against our country.” Relations between Iran and the Arab League have long been tense. On February 28 this year, after the United States and Israel jointly launched an attack on Iran, Iran launched a counterattack, targeting Israel and U.S. allies in the Persian Gulf region, intensifying the confrontation between Iran and the United Arab Emirates. Although Iran and the United States have implemented a ceasefire since April 8, last week Iran and the United States respectively rejected each other’s latest negotiation proposals, and the end-of-war diplomatic negotiations have stalled. Since the United States and Israel went to war against Iran, Iran has basically blocked shipping in the Strait of Hormuz. The Strait of Hormuz is located between Iran and Oman, connecting the Persian Gulf, Gulf of Oman and Arabian Sea. About 20% of the world’s oil and natural gas are transported through this waterway. There has been another incident on this trade route recently. An Indian cargo ship carrying livestock from Africa to the United Arab Emirates was sunk in the waters near Oman. The Indian government condemned the attack and said all 14 crew members were rescued by the Omani Coast Guard. Vanguard, a British maritime security consultancy, pointed out that it is believed that the cargo ship was hit by a missile or drone, causing the explosion. Separately, the UK Maritime Trade Operations Office (UKMTO) reported today that “unauthorized persons” had boarded a ship anchored near the UAE port of Fujairah and were sailing the ship to Iran. Vanguard quoted a report from the shipping company’s security personnel as saying that the ship was seized by Iranian personnel. The security situation in the area is particularly sensitive because the port of Fujairah allows some oil products to be exported without passing through the Strait of Hormuz, but a map released by Iran last week included this section of the coast within its claimed maritime jurisdiction. (Compiled by: Yang Zhaoyan) 1150515 Support the Central News Agency’s choice to stand with the facts. Every donation you make is a small amount of sponsorship to protect press freedom. Download the Central News Agency’s “First-hand News” APP to get the latest news in real time. The text, pictures and audio and video of this website may not be reproduced, publicly broadcast or publicly transmitted and used without authorization.



Source link

The EU is considering expanding the scope of the Red Sea mission and plans to include the Strait of Hormuz after the war | International | Central News Agency CNA



Please agree to our privacy policy to enable news listening. (Central News Agency, Brussels, comprehensive foreign news report on the 12th) EU High Representative for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy Callas said today that once the US-Iran war ends, the European Union (EU) may expand the “Operation Aspides” currently implemented in the Red Sea to the Strait of Hormuz. Agence France-Presse reported that Kaja Kallas said after a meeting of EU defense ministers: “Operation Shield has played a key role in protecting shipping in the Red Sea, and the scope of this operation is expected to be expanded to the Strait of Hormuz.” Kallas said that some countries have promised to send additional ships to this operation, and these reinforcements will be of great help if they decide to expand the scope of the operation. Affected by the US-Iran war launched by US President Trump and the impact of this war on the global economy, European countries are trying to help restore smooth shipping after the conflict is over. France and the United Kingdom have taken the lead in discussions on naval deployment in the Middle East. More than 40 defense ministers held a new round of consultations today. The U.S.-Iran negotiations currently seem to be at a deadlock. This negotiation not only involves ending the U.S.-Iran war, but also involves reopening the Strait of Hormuz. About 1/5 of the world’s oil and natural gas must be transported through the Strait of Hormuz. The blockade by Iran has led to a rise in global energy prices. (Compiled by: Zhang Mingxuan) 1150513 Support the Central News Agency’s choice to stand with the facts. Every donation you make is a small amount of support to protect press freedom. Download the Central News Agency’s “First-hand News” APP to get the latest news in real time. The text, pictures and audio and video of this website may not be reproduced, publicly broadcast or publicly transmitted and used without authorization.



Source link

Iran further expands the scope of the Strait of Hormuz to 10 times the east-west length before the war | International | Central News Agency CNA



Please agree to our privacy policy to enable news listening. (Central News Agency, Tehran, comprehensive foreign news report on the 12th) Iranian media reported today that the Iranian Revolutionary Guards once again announced the expansion of the scope of the Strait of Hormuz, starting from the city of Jask in the east and ending at Siri Island in the west, with a length of more than 300 kilometers, which is much larger than the scope before the Iran war. Reuters reported that this is the second time that Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) navy has announced an expansion of the Strait of Hormuz since the United States and Israel bombed Iran on February 28, triggering a conflict. According to its last map released on the 4th of this month, the newly claimed control area of ​​the Strait of Hormuz includes a large section of the Gulf of Oman coastline of the United Arab Emirates. At that time, the new scope started from the connection between Mount Mobarak in Iran and Fujairah in the United Arab Emirates in the east, and to the connection between the western end of Qeshm Island in Iran and Umm al Quwain in the United Arab Emirates in the west. Now the scope appears to have expanded further. Iranian news agency Fars reported today that Mohammad Akbarzadeh, deputy director of the Naval Political Department of Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, said that Iran has expanded the definition of the Strait of Hormuz into a “vast combat area.” It is no longer regarded as a narrow waterway surrounding a few islands, but has significantly increased its scope and military importance. He said: “In the past, the scope of the Strait of Hormuz was considered to be a limited area around islands such as Hormuz Island and Hengam Island. This view has now changed.” The Strait of Hormuz currently defined by Iran is a strategic area starting from Jask in the east and ending in Siri Island in the west. Fas and another Iranian news agency, Tasnim, also reported today that the length of the Strait of Hormuz has been expanded from a previous estimate of 20 to 30 miles (approximately 32 to 48 kilometers) to 200 to 300 miles (approximately 320 to 480 kilometers). Tasnim News Agency also emphasized that the new strait area forms a “complete crescent shape.” (Compiled by: Zhang Zhengqian) 1150512 Support Central News Agency’s choice to stand with the facts. Every donation you make is a small amount of support to protect press freedom. Download the Central News Agency’s “First-hand News” APP to get the latest news in real time. The text, pictures and audio and video of this website may not be reproduced, publicly broadcast or publicly transmitted and used without authorization.



Source link