DAILY NEWS

Stay Ahead, Stay Informed – Every Day

Advertisement
Fu Cong: Passing the US resolution on the Strait of Bahrain will not help solve the problem | International | Central News Agency CNA



Please agree to our privacy policy to enable news listening. (Central News Agency, Taipei, 16th) Reuters reported that China’s Permanent Representative to the United Nations Fu Cong said on the 15th that the United States and Bahrain jointly sponsored a draft resolution on the Strait of Hormuz. The relevant content and the timing of the proposal were inappropriate, and passing the draft would not help solve the Strait of Hormuz issue. Reuters reported on the 15th that the draft resolution between the United States and Bahrain requires Iran to stop attacks and mine-laying activities in the Strait of Hormuz. Diplomats believe that if the draft comes to a vote, it is likely to be rejected by Russia and China. In a vote last month, China and Russia vetoed the draft supported by the United States, saying that the content of the draft was biased against Iran. The report cited an instant interview with Fu Cong released by the Pass Blue news website. When asked about the draft resolution between the United States and Bahrain, Fu Cong said, “We think the content of the draft is inappropriate and the timing of the proposal is inappropriate. What we need is to urge the warring parties to negotiate seriously and sincerely to resolve the issue.” Fu Cong said, “We do not believe that passing this draft resolution at this stage will help solve the problem.” As the rotating president of the Security Council, China has the responsibility to arrange a vote on the draft, but so far it has not received any application. U.S. President Trump concluded his visit to China on the 15th. According to a summary released by the White House after the Trump-Xi meeting, the United States and China agreed that the Strait of Hormuz must remain open to ensure the free flow of energy. China opposed the militarization of the Strait of Hormuz and any collection of tolls. Both sides agreed that Iran cannot possess nuclear weapons. The Chinese Ministry of Foreign Affairs stated on the 15th that the recent ceasefire between the United States and Iran has been welcomed by the international community, and the waterway should be reopened as soon as possible to jointly maintain the stability and smoothness of the global production and supply chain. (Editor: Chen Kaiyu/Zhou Huiying) 1150516 Support Central News Agency’s choice to stand with the facts. Every donation you make is a small amount of sponsorship to protect press freedom. Download the Central News Agency’s “First-hand News” APP to get the latest news in real time. The text, pictures and audio and video of this website may not be reproduced, publicly broadcast or publicly transmitted and used without authorization.



Source link

Xi Jinping hosted a banquet with Trump and said that Sino-US relations can only be improved but not damaged (film)



(Central News Agency reporter Zhang Shuling, Beijing, 14th) Chinese President Xi Jinping held a banquet to welcome US President Trump at the Great Hall of the People in Beijing in the evening. Xi Jinping said that Sino-US relations “can only be good but not bad.” In his speech, Trump mentioned that Xi Jinping’s alma mater, Tsinghua University in Beijing, was established with American funds, and invited Xi Jinping and his wife to visit the United States on September 24.



Source link

The EU is considering expanding the scope of the Red Sea mission and plans to include the Strait of Hormuz after the war | International | Central News Agency CNA



Please agree to our privacy policy to enable news listening. (Central News Agency, Brussels, comprehensive foreign news report on the 12th) EU High Representative for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy Callas said today that once the US-Iran war ends, the European Union (EU) may expand the “Operation Aspides” currently implemented in the Red Sea to the Strait of Hormuz. Agence France-Presse reported that Kaja Kallas said after a meeting of EU defense ministers: “Operation Shield has played a key role in protecting shipping in the Red Sea, and the scope of this operation is expected to be expanded to the Strait of Hormuz.” Kallas said that some countries have promised to send additional ships to this operation, and these reinforcements will be of great help if they decide to expand the scope of the operation. Affected by the US-Iran war launched by US President Trump and the impact of this war on the global economy, European countries are trying to help restore smooth shipping after the conflict is over. France and the United Kingdom have taken the lead in discussions on naval deployment in the Middle East. More than 40 defense ministers held a new round of consultations today. The U.S.-Iran negotiations currently seem to be at a deadlock. This negotiation not only involves ending the U.S.-Iran war, but also involves reopening the Strait of Hormuz. About 1/5 of the world’s oil and natural gas must be transported through the Strait of Hormuz. The blockade by Iran has led to a rise in global energy prices. (Compiled by: Zhang Mingxuan) 1150513 Support the Central News Agency’s choice to stand with the facts. Every donation you make is a small amount of support to protect press freedom. Download the Central News Agency’s “First-hand News” APP to get the latest news in real time. The text, pictures and audio and video of this website may not be reproduced, publicly broadcast or publicly transmitted and used without authorization.



Source link