DAILY NEWS

Stay Ahead, Stay Informed – Every Day

Advertisement
There is unrest in the Strait of Hormuz. Iranian media: Sporadic exchanges of fire between the US and Iranian forces | International | Central News Agency CNA



Please agree to our privacy policy to enable news listening. (Central News Agency, Tehran, comprehensive foreign news report on the 8th) Although the Persian Gulf (Persian Gulf) region is in a ceasefire, Iranian media alleged that following the exchange of fire with the US military the previous day, Iranian forces had sporadic conflicts with the US military in the Strait of Hormuz (Strait of Hormuz) today. Iran’s Fars news agency reported that “in the past hour, there have been sporadic clashes between Iranian armed forces and U.S. ships in the Strait of Hormuz.” The United States launched military operations against Iran on February 28, triggering war across the Middle East. Since the ceasefire came into effect on April 8, the two sides have occasionally exchanged fire. U.S. Secretary of State Marco Rubio said earlier that Washington currently expects to receive a response from Tehran today regarding several proposals made by the U.S. to reach an agreement with Iran to end the conflict between the two sides. (Compiled by: Chen Yanjun) 1150508 supports the Central News Agency’s choice to stand with the facts. Every donation you make is a small amount of sponsorship to protect the freedom of the press. Download the Central News Agency’s “First-hand News” APP to get the latest news in real time. The text, pictures and audio and video of this website may not be reproduced, publicly broadcast or publicly transmitted and used without authorization.



Source link

A South Korean cargo ship exploded and caught fire in the Strait of Hormuz. Iran firmly denied involvement | International | Central News Agency CNA



Please agree to our privacy policy to enable news listening. (Central News Agency, Seoul, comprehensive foreign news report on the 7th) The Iranian Embassy in South Korea issued a statement on the 6th stating that Iran firmly opposes and strongly denies all claims about the involvement of the Iraqi military regarding the explosion and fire of a South Korean ship in the Strait of Hormuz. Yonhap News Agency reported that the Panamanian-flagged cargo ship Namu, owned by HMM, exploded and caught fire in the Strait of Hormuz on the evening of the 4th. Fortunately, there were no casualties and all 24 crew members remained on board. Amid rumors that the incident may have been an attack by Iran, Iran clearly denied responsibility. U.S. President Trump has said that Iran “fired several shots” at the cargo ship and other targets, but the Seoul government said it was conducting an investigation to determine the cause of the incident. According to Agence France-Presse, the Iranian Embassy in Seoul emphasized in a statement that the Tehran authorities “firmly reject and categorically deny any accusation that the armed forces of the Islamic Republic of Iran were involved in the damage to a South Korean ship in the Strait of Hormuz.” Safe passage through the chokepoint “requires full compliance with applicable regulations, due attention to issued warnings, following designated routes and coordination with competent authorities in the Islamic Republic of Iran,” the embassy said, warning that “unexpected events” could occur if any were ignored. The statement added: “If relevant parties do not properly consider these factors when passing through this area or conducting activities, they should bear the consequences themselves.” (Compiled by Li Peishan) 1150507 supports the Central News Agency’s choice to stand with the facts. Every sponsorship you make is a force to protect press freedom. Small-scale sponsorship downloads the Central News Agency’s “First-hand News” APP to get the latest news in real time. The text, pictures and audio and video of this website may not be reproduced, publicly broadcast or publicly transmitted and used without authorization.



Source link

Iranian Foreign Minister visits Chinese scholars: China is expected to mediate the reopening of the Strait of Hormuz by the United States and Iran



(Central News Agency reporter Zhang Shuling, Beijing, 6th) Before the Trump-Xi meeting next week, Iranian Foreign Minister Araqchi led a delegation to Beijing this morning. Chinese scholars analyzed that the Iran issue is a complex calculation of interests for China, but the key now is how to reopen the Strait of Hormuz, and China will do persuasive work to both Iran and the United States.



Source link