DAILY NEWS

Stay Ahead, Stay Informed – Every Day

Advertisement
Iranian Foreign Minister: The Arab League actively participated in the US-Israeli war against Iraq | International | Central News Agency CNA



Please agree to our privacy policy to enable news listening. (Central News Agency, Tehran, comprehensive foreign news report on the 14th) Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi today accused the United Arab Emirates of actively participating in the war between the United States and Israel against Iran. On the same day, it was reported that a ship was seized near the coast of the United Arab Emirates and was heading to Iranian waters. Agence France-Presse reported that Araqchi posted on the messaging software Telegram while attending the BRICS summit in India: “The Arab League is an active partner in this aggression, there is no doubt about it.” Araqchi also mentioned what Israel said were “secret” talks held in the Arab League during the war. It is said that the attendees included Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and the President of the United Arab Emirates Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, but the United Arab Emirates denied that Netanyahu secretly visited the country. “I have to say that the Arab League was directly involved in the aggression against our country. When this aggression began, they even refused to condemn it,” Araqchi said. “It is becoming increasingly clear that they were involved in these attacks and may have even taken direct action against our country.” Relations between Iran and the Arab League have long been tense. On February 28 this year, after the United States and Israel jointly launched an attack on Iran, Iran launched a counterattack, targeting Israel and U.S. allies in the Persian Gulf region, intensifying the confrontation between Iran and the United Arab Emirates. Although Iran and the United States have implemented a ceasefire since April 8, last week Iran and the United States respectively rejected each other’s latest negotiation proposals, and the end-of-war diplomatic negotiations have stalled. Since the United States and Israel went to war against Iran, Iran has basically blocked shipping in the Strait of Hormuz. The Strait of Hormuz is located between Iran and Oman, connecting the Persian Gulf, Gulf of Oman and Arabian Sea. About 20% of the world’s oil and natural gas are transported through this waterway. There has been another incident on this trade route recently. An Indian cargo ship carrying livestock from Africa to the United Arab Emirates was sunk in the waters near Oman. The Indian government condemned the attack and said all 14 crew members were rescued by the Omani Coast Guard. Vanguard, a British maritime security consultancy, pointed out that it is believed that the cargo ship was hit by a missile or drone, causing the explosion. Separately, the UK Maritime Trade Operations Office (UKMTO) reported today that “unauthorized persons” had boarded a ship anchored near the UAE port of Fujairah and were sailing the ship to Iran. Vanguard quoted a report from the shipping company’s security personnel as saying that the ship was seized by Iranian personnel. The security situation in the area is particularly sensitive because the port of Fujairah allows some oil products to be exported without passing through the Strait of Hormuz, but a map released by Iran last week included this section of the coast within its claimed maritime jurisdiction. (Compiled by: Yang Zhaoyan) 1150515 Support the Central News Agency’s choice to stand with the facts. Every donation you make is a small amount of sponsorship to protect press freedom. Download the Central News Agency’s “First-hand News” APP to get the latest news in real time. The text, pictures and audio and video of this website may not be reproduced, publicly broadcast or publicly transmitted and used without authorization.



Source link

On the first day of the resumption of the operation in the Strait of Hormuz, the United States called on the ship to change its route to the south and sail closer to Oman | International | Central News Agency CNA



Please agree to our privacy policy to enable news listening. (Central News Agency, Dubai, April 4, Comprehensive Foreign News Report) Amid global economic turmoil caused by Iran’s blockade of the Strait of Hormuz, the United States today launched Operation Freedom, calling on stranded ships to reroute and sail southward through the strait, closer to Oman. However, as of morning, it was unclear whether any ships had received U.S. assistance. The Associated Press reported that after U.S. President Donald Trump announced his so-called “Project Freedom,” the Joint Maritime Information Center said today that the United States has established an “enhanced security zone” south of regular shipping routes and called on maritime personnel to coordinate closely with the Omani authorities citing “extremely high traffic expected.” The Strait of Hormuz is located between Iran and Oman. The Joint Maritime Information Center warned that “since mines have not yet been fully detected and eliminated,” approaching the strait through which the existing shipping lanes pass “should be considered extremely dangerous.” The statement issued by the Joint Maritime Information Center marks the official launch of operations to restore traffic in the Strait of Hormuz and restore confidence in merchant shipping, but it may also undermine the fragile ceasefire between the United States and Iran. As of this morning, it was unclear whether any ships had received U.S. assistance. The Iranian military pointed out to the state-run Islamic Republic of Iran Broadcasting (IRIB) on the same day that ships passing through the Strait of Hormuz need to be coordinated with it. The U.S. Central Command (CENTCOM) stated that this operation will use missile destroyers, more than 100 aircraft, and 15,000 troops; the Pentagon did not specify the specific deployment method. Neither Trump nor U.S. officials have said whether the “Freedom Plan” includes military escorts for ships through the Iranian-controlled strait, so ships intending to venture out still face high risks. Despite the U.S. push to restart shipping, this uncertainty still deters many shipping and insurance companies. Since the outbreak of the US-Iraq war, many oil tanker and cargo ship crews have been stranded in the Persian Gulf. They have witnessed interceptor drones and missiles exploding over the sea, and their ships have also faced shortages of drinking water, food and other supplies. (Compiled by: Hong Peiying) 1150504 Support the Central News Agency’s choice to stand with the facts. Every donation you make is a small amount of support to protect press freedom. Download the Central News Agency’s “First-hand News” APP to get the latest news in real time. The text, pictures and audio and video of this website may not be reproduced, publicly broadcast or publicly transmitted and used without authorization.



Source link