DAILY NEWS

Stay Ahead, Stay Informed – Every Day

Advertisement
Fu Cong: Passing the US resolution on the Strait of Bahrain will not help solve the problem | International | Central News Agency CNA



Please agree to our privacy policy to enable news listening. (Central News Agency, Taipei, 16th) Reuters reported that China’s Permanent Representative to the United Nations Fu Cong said on the 15th that the United States and Bahrain jointly sponsored a draft resolution on the Strait of Hormuz. The relevant content and the timing of the proposal were inappropriate, and passing the draft would not help solve the Strait of Hormuz issue. Reuters reported on the 15th that the draft resolution between the United States and Bahrain requires Iran to stop attacks and mine-laying activities in the Strait of Hormuz. Diplomats believe that if the draft comes to a vote, it is likely to be rejected by Russia and China. In a vote last month, China and Russia vetoed the draft supported by the United States, saying that the content of the draft was biased against Iran. The report cited an instant interview with Fu Cong released by the Pass Blue news website. When asked about the draft resolution between the United States and Bahrain, Fu Cong said, “We think the content of the draft is inappropriate and the timing of the proposal is inappropriate. What we need is to urge the warring parties to negotiate seriously and sincerely to resolve the issue.” Fu Cong said, “We do not believe that passing this draft resolution at this stage will help solve the problem.” As the rotating president of the Security Council, China has the responsibility to arrange a vote on the draft, but so far it has not received any application. U.S. President Trump concluded his visit to China on the 15th. According to a summary released by the White House after the Trump-Xi meeting, the United States and China agreed that the Strait of Hormuz must remain open to ensure the free flow of energy. China opposed the militarization of the Strait of Hormuz and any collection of tolls. Both sides agreed that Iran cannot possess nuclear weapons. The Chinese Ministry of Foreign Affairs stated on the 15th that the recent ceasefire between the United States and Iran has been welcomed by the international community, and the waterway should be reopened as soon as possible to jointly maintain the stability and smoothness of the global production and supply chain. (Editor: Chen Kaiyu/Zhou Huiying) 1150516 Support Central News Agency’s choice to stand with the facts. Every donation you make is a small amount of sponsorship to protect press freedom. Download the Central News Agency’s “First-hand News” APP to get the latest news in real time. The text, pictures and audio and video of this website may not be reproduced, publicly broadcast or publicly transmitted and used without authorization.



Source link

Iran further expands the scope of the Strait of Hormuz to 10 times the east-west length before the war | International | Central News Agency CNA



Please agree to our privacy policy to enable news listening. (Central News Agency, Tehran, comprehensive foreign news report on the 12th) Iranian media reported today that the Iranian Revolutionary Guards once again announced the expansion of the scope of the Strait of Hormuz, starting from the city of Jask in the east and ending at Siri Island in the west, with a length of more than 300 kilometers, which is much larger than the scope before the Iran war. Reuters reported that this is the second time that Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) navy has announced an expansion of the Strait of Hormuz since the United States and Israel bombed Iran on February 28, triggering a conflict. According to its last map released on the 4th of this month, the newly claimed control area of ​​the Strait of Hormuz includes a large section of the Gulf of Oman coastline of the United Arab Emirates. At that time, the new scope started from the connection between Mount Mobarak in Iran and Fujairah in the United Arab Emirates in the east, and to the connection between the western end of Qeshm Island in Iran and Umm al Quwain in the United Arab Emirates in the west. Now the scope appears to have expanded further. Iranian news agency Fars reported today that Mohammad Akbarzadeh, deputy director of the Naval Political Department of Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, said that Iran has expanded the definition of the Strait of Hormuz into a “vast combat area.” It is no longer regarded as a narrow waterway surrounding a few islands, but has significantly increased its scope and military importance. He said: “In the past, the scope of the Strait of Hormuz was considered to be a limited area around islands such as Hormuz Island and Hengam Island. This view has now changed.” The Strait of Hormuz currently defined by Iran is a strategic area starting from Jask in the east and ending in Siri Island in the west. Fas and another Iranian news agency, Tasnim, also reported today that the length of the Strait of Hormuz has been expanded from a previous estimate of 20 to 30 miles (approximately 32 to 48 kilometers) to 200 to 300 miles (approximately 320 to 480 kilometers). Tasnim News Agency also emphasized that the new strait area forms a “complete crescent shape.” (Compiled by: Zhang Zhengqian) 1150512 Support Central News Agency’s choice to stand with the facts. Every donation you make is a small amount of support to protect press freedom. Download the Central News Agency’s “First-hand News” APP to get the latest news in real time. The text, pictures and audio and video of this website may not be reproduced, publicly broadcast or publicly transmitted and used without authorization.



Source link